I'm Still Here Too

Introduce yourself and say hello! Or farewell. Welcome to RpgMaker.org!
Lightness

I'm Still Here Too

Post by Lightness » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:03 pm

Hey everyone! Really glad we still have a forum here, and even more so now that it seems to have revitalized the community a little.

If anyone doesn't know me (or just forgot), my name is Mike. I used to be pretty into RMXP, but never actually finished the project I was working on (it was a little over-ambitious).

It's nice to see so many people are still around! :D

OffbeatJenny

Re: I'm Still Here Too

Post by OffbeatJenny » Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:23 pm

Hello, and welcome. I hope we get along! Aiming high is better than not aiming for anything at all. :D
~Jenny

Starmage

Post by Starmage » Sun Dec 09, 2018 12:29 pm

Hi Lightness! ^_^ I also remember giving your awesome RMXP project a try, and it was really good! ^_^ So if you ever decide to revisit it, please do so with an enthusiastic heart! <3

Btw, I still think that RMXP up to this day, has the most memorable and beautiful graphics! :D

Vesril

Post by Vesril » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:41 pm

Hey Lightness! Glad to know that you are around here still yourself. :D
Lightness wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:03 pm
I used to be pretty into RMXP, but never actually finished the project I was working on (it was a little over-ambitious).
Many a project that people attempt to make are overly ambitious the first time around...I can't blame you there. On my end, the project I wanted to make was likely overly ambitious...though there's still a part of me that wants to do something with my mapping, tileset editing, storytelling, event scripting, and music composing talents, in relation to games and game development (composing, and then mapping are probably my strongest skills of that lot...here's hoping I can showcase a little of that sometime soon on this forum :) ).

But, yeah, the larger a project, and the more it encompasses and requires before release, the harder it will be to get done, or even get something significantly substantial done - let alone feel complete and polished at a point of release. If I ever do pick up the torch on trying to make a larger game/project in one of these makers, it'll likely be released in sections/episodes/etc. for that exact reason; otherwise, I'd probably lose track of everything...

Lightness

Post by Lightness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 pm

I'm a little too lacking in inspiration to do anything related to game development lately. I wish I could say I just didn't have time for it, but that wouldn't be true. It's more that I would rather spend my time doing other things. Every once in a while I'll open up my project and play around a bit, but I never really make any progress anymore.

greenraven

Post by greenraven » Wed Dec 12, 2018 4:04 pm

Lightness wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:01 pm
I'm a little too lacking in inspiration to do anything related to game development lately. I wish I could say I just didn't have time for it, but that wouldn't be true. It's more that I would rather spend my time doing other things. Every once in a while I'll open up my project and play around a bit, but I never really make any progress anymore.
^^^ Yup. That. So much that.

Hello and nice to see you again all the same though. :lol:

DerVVulfman

Post by DerVVulfman » Thu Dec 13, 2018 4:05 am

Perhaps a little light reading? I saved this from GamingWorld from 2002.
When Motivation Runs Dry
Up is down. Left is right. And sideways is straight ahead.