Hello, I am thephantom!

Introduce yourself and say hello! Or farewell. Welcome to RpgMaker.org!
thephantom
Site Admin

Hello, I am thephantom!

Post by thephantom » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:26 am

Hello everyone.
I am thephantom. I am your friendly admin mage, and I am here to start the introductions by introducing myself.

I am a game developer for the past 18 years, while I started with RPG Maker 2000 and 2003, I have now started creating my own engine. I am creating a multiplayer co-op RPG with the style of an RPG Maker 2000/2003 game, but with my own engine. I am sure you will be seeing a lot about this as it is my passion!

I have always wanted to have an RPG Maker Community, ever since 2005. Back then I was the creator of a very popular site known as phanxgames.com. Way back then I had a website that allowed you to share your games and resources. That site was renamed to rpgmaker.org in around 2011 and that is what this site is that you are on right now!

Phanxgames.com is now the title of my Indie Game Development Studio. Ever since that site was first created it was meant to showcase my games and now it's going back to its roots. Feel free to check it out!

But back to the site you are on now, the dedicated RPG Maker Community, RpgMaker.org: I hope you will register a new account and make this new site your home. Welcome home!
AetherStory - Co-op Multiplayer RPG In Development

Lightness

Re: Hello, I am thephantom!

Post by Lightness » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 pm

The site lives on! I thought it was going to be gone entirely, so it's nice to see there's still a forum here. :D

Vesril

Post by Vesril » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:16 am

Lightness wrote:
Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:17 pm
The site lives on! I thought it was going to be gone entirely, so it's nice to see there's still a forum here. :D
I'll second that. Looking forward to see what will take place here over time.

...On a slightly different note...looking down at past posts below this one I'm editing...was the original opening post for this topic just:
thephantom wrote:Hello everyone.
I am thephantom. I am your friendly admin mage, and I am here to start the introductions by introducing myself.
...because that is all that is showing up in the 'topic review' as I type up this post. Is it meant to show an older, unedited version of your post, thephantom?

thephantom
Site Admin

Post by thephantom » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 am

I'm not sure Andy. It doesn't make sense. But maybe the mode you were using was only showing you a post preview.

While I am writing this post I see the posts written below in summary. There is a scroll bar to the right- perhaps you just needed to scroll further down?

LagunaX1

Post by LagunaX1 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 11:35 am

Reporting in Captain!

I knew you were going to do something with this URL at some point but wasn't expecting anything this soon, so colour me surprised!

I'll try and stay active and hopefully we can have some fun here!
Proud Member of the Phanxgames Development Team!

Vesril

Post by Vesril » Thu Dec 06, 2018 2:00 pm

thephantom wrote:
Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:22 am
I'm not sure Andy. It doesn't make sense. But maybe the mode you were using was only showing you a post preview.

While I am writing this post I see the posts written below in summary. There is a scroll bar to the right- perhaps you just needed to scroll further down?
Well, turns out that I had just had no idea that I could scroll down to see more of the prior posts because the scroll bar only appears for me when I actually scroll - and me being Mr. Logically Incorrect Assumptions, I assumed that the posts were cut off or something. So, my bad; everything is indeed visible if I just scroll. ^_^;

greenraven

Post by greenraven » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:48 pm

Hey hey. Nice to see you're still in the game, pun wholly intended. :P

Good luck with the site and all your projects. I'll try to pop in more often and see how you're doing. I want to say something really inspiring and motivational but I just woke up like 20 minutes ago so my brain isn't at 100% yet. :lol:

jedibob5

Post by jedibob5 » Fri Dec 07, 2018 12:51 am

Hey Phantom, I'm liking the new site!

Starmage

Post by Starmage » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:42 am

Hello thephantom! ^_^ Congratulations once again on the new site! :D

Can't wait to see what comes for this site soon!! :D

DerVVulfman

Post by DerVVulfman » Sun Dec 09, 2018 4:28 am

I can vouch on his work for an original MMO engine. ;) Even dialup users are able to play. Or at least two years ago it was verified.

Oh, and... *WOOF!*
Up is down. Left is right. And sideways is straight ahead.