''So many facepalm moments, so little time...' -Jedibob5

RPG Maker VX Ace Lite

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Tigurus Fay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 1212
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tigurus Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: RPG Maker VX Ace Lite
    Posted: 10/15/2012 at 12:56pm

It has been a while since Enterbrain released RPG Maker VX and it's "successor" RPG Maker VX Ace.
To improve the game making abilities, they released paid content a few times and now they will show you something new! More or less!

The official forums released "RPG Maker VX Ace Lite"! 
Naturally, this is like VX Ace but completely free of charge and thus no 30 day trial! However, due to it being free and the word "Lite" shines across the end of the title. There are restrictions in this version.

VX Ace Lite has the following restrictions:

• 10 heroes
  • 10 classes
  • 126 skills
  • 16 items
  • 60 weapons
  • 60 armors
  • 30 enemies
  • 30 troops
  • 25 states
  • 110 animations
  • 10 common events
  • No script editor
  • 6 Tilesets
  • 15 events per map.
  • 20 maps max.
  • Can save projects

No call script but you can use the script functions of the other event commands like variable.
You can't make it use the RMVXAce RTP. So you have to manually import resources to the project folder.

By the look of this list, we can say that this version could be used for very small games.
Sadly, due to the fact that you cannot use the script editor, most games with this won't have their special touch into it.
But nonetheless, you can always use it and if you like it enough, buy the real deal!

Additionally, to make everyone happy! A character generator has been released as well which can be used in VX, Ace and Lite!

Tell us how you feel about this!

And if you are looking for the full version of Rpg Maker VX Ace, buy it here!

Edited by thephantom - 4/11/2015 at 10:17pm
   Likes  (1) Likes (1) : thephantom 
Sponsored Links

LagunaX1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 2709
Post Options Post Options   Quote LagunaX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2012 at 3:44pm
Tbh, if it wasn't for the 30 monster/troop limit and the 20 map limit you could probably have made a decent game.

But yeah, if you just want to make a basic short game, it sounds good. I don't think it's any good to anyone making a decent RPG though. Although I guess there are a lot of work arounds.

For example instead of using a different map for each building, make all the map interiors on one 500 by 500 map. Then you can have a town that only takes 2 maps up.

You can do that for dungeons as well tbh, but still 3 towns and four dungeons means 10 maps even using that method.

So i guess it's good for a taster and to make a short game but I won't ever touch it. (I don't even use rpg maker anymore anyway lol)

edit: Actually even with the limit of 15 events a map you could probably make a decent evented battle system and such? If you knew how to event that well anyway.

Edited by LagunaX1 - 10/15/2012 at 3:46pm
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)

Tigurus Fay View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 1212
Post Options Post Options   Quote Tigurus Fay Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/15/2012 at 4:31pm
I think the 20 map max would be the worst of the restrictions. The rest is pretty do-able to make a somewhat normal game.
But if your maps are that big, you still only can use 15 events a map. I need more than 15 events in a 30x30 map! xD

I think with this you would be able to make a small arena game or maybe some vague trailer or contest game. 

And I got no idea about the evented battle systems, I only script xD

Likes  (0) Likes (0)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic