Skip to Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'I need another song. Something with pop and boom da boom boom boom daaa.' -thephantom

SITE SHUTTING DOWN NOTICE

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
thephantom View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 1695
Post Options Post Options   Quote thephantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SITE SHUTTING DOWN NOTICE
    Posted: 9/08/2018 at 1:09pm
Hello everyone,

It is always sad in a website's life when this time comes, when we have to announce the site is being shut down. 
Looking back over the last 8 years the site has had many people come and go, and we had some great times, especially within the first couple of years.  And I want to thank you all for using the site.

This isn't the end.  This is only a transition into something new.  While the site will be going offline in a month, something new will take its place.  I am not entirely sure what, but be sure to check back in the future, RpgMaker.org will raise from the ashes and become something new. Something hopefully better.

But for now I ask that you all take time to go around the site and backup and download anything you wish to have copies of.  When the site goes offline all of its data will be going with it.  So be sure to backup your favorite forum posts, PM's, games, resources, and links.   The new site may reference some of the information from this version of the site, but there is no promises.

Also, we have a Discord community which will stay intact throughout this transition, please join us there: https://discord.gg/zjEYwhT

See you on the other side.  And thank you so much for joining me on this adventure!

Your Friendly Admin Mage,
thephantom

Likes  (0) Likes (0)
RpgLegend:
Sponsored Links

Lightness View Drop Down
Adept
Adept

Score: 771
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lightness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/10/2018 at 2:47pm
It's a shame the site never took off more than it did. I always thought it was the most well-designed RPG maker site to date. It seems like most of the long-time members, myself included, have all somewhat fallen out of the RPG making community. For me it was mostly lack of time and inspiration. I still pick up my project on occasion and play around with it, but it's been years since I made any substantial progress on it and I know deep down that I'll never finish making it (but despite that, will never fully abandon it).

While it is sad to see the site go, it doesn't really come as a surprise since it's been a long time since the site saw much activity. Whatever people ended up doing with their lives, I hope they're all doing well. This community meant a lot to me, even if I never really made it seem that way since I never really got too involved on a personal level. I'll be joining the discord server as well, so I'll still be around in some way.

Thank you everyone just for being here, and thank you thephantom for being our host all these years!
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
thephantom View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 1695
Post Options Post Options   Quote thephantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/11/2018 at 3:05pm
Thank you Lightness for your kind words.  Seriously, we can keep in touch on Discord.  Consider getting it and checking in on it.  What makes Discord different from other chats is that it does save the chat logs, so you can always see what you missed between visits, plus it has a ton of categories/rooms to keep conversations a bit more organized!

Likes  (0) Likes (0)
RpgLegend:
Lightness View Drop Down
Adept
Adept

Score: 771
Post Options Post Options   Quote Lightness Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/11/2018 at 9:22pm
By the time you had posted this, I had already joined Discord and made my first post Big smile

I will see you there!
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
greenraven View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
Breaker of Servers

Score: 1241
Post Options Post Options   Quote greenraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 9/26/2018 at 10:06am
I came by to wish phantom a happy birthday, sorry to hear about the shutdown. Hopefully new things will come about from all of this.

Quote It seems like most of the long-time members, myself included, have all somewhat fallen out of the RPG making community.
Yeah this is so true. A few years ago Kwij and I sat down and had a little chat about Angel Spire and we came to the conclusion that we're no longer a site dedicated to game design. We're just a social gathering site for friends to get together and just chat. Because no one does game design anymore. Everyone is either working or married and ain't no one got time for that. LOL

Good luck with future developments tom tom! Thumbs Up
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
tehJ10 View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Score: 245
Post Options Post Options   Quote tehJ10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10/23/2018 at 6:39am
Thanks for the warning, phantom.

Edited by tehJ10 - 10/23/2018 at 6:57am
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
IN YOUR MIIIIIIIIIND.
Jaketown View Drop Down
Novice
Novice

Score: 4
Post Options Post Options   Quote Jaketown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11/05/2018 at 11:22am
This is sad. Nonetheless, would definitely join the discord.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic