Skip to Content
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

'It's all in what you like and your entitled to licking what you want.' -Ryan

RPG Maker 2003 Officially Released in English!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Vesril View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Score: 210
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vesril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/2015 at 2:53pm
Originally posted by LagunaX1 LagunaX1 wrote:

Does that mean you have a list of things and some of them will be added to update 2K3? If so what kind of things should we expect?

I am actually curious about that as well, and would be glad to learn about what additions you might have in mind (and, yeah, assuming funding isn't cut...that would pose a problem... Confused)

Though, with that said, how would the changes be made available after they are implemented?  Would those who have already bought the maker re-download it, or would there be an update process?  Not sure if you know much about that yet, but just wanting to voice the question while I have it on my mind.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
Sponsored Links

Cherry View Drop Down
Novice
Novice

Score: 5
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/2015 at 3:59pm
For the Steam version, it would be an automatic update process, and I'll add a way to auto-update the game engine in the project as well.

For the RMW Store version, I don't know yet. It doesn't exist yet.

The list of changes is not official, and I am not in the position to make any promises. Wait and see, v1.11 will be ready soon.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
thephantom View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 1694
Post Options Post Options   Quote thephantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/27/2015 at 5:39pm
Not to make any promises, but I was thinking that since 2003 is close to my heart, and this site needs a niche, I was thinking I would really like turn rpgmaker.org focus towards supporting 2003!

Needs more thought of course, but sounds like a fun idea!
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
RpgLegend:
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote thephantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 1:59am
Great news everyone!!
Degica has let me know that they will let RpgMaker.org resale Rpg Maker 2003 shortly! They are working on getting that setup!

So if you can hold off on buying it until its on the site you can not only help us but also get a non-steam version!  I think I will also be able to match the 15% off that steam currently provides as well!  But let's just see what happens.

Please stay tuned!

Edited by thephantom - 4/28/2015 at 2:08am
   Likes  (2) Likes (2) : Vesril  LagunaX1 
RpgLegend:
Cherry View Drop Down
Novice
Novice

Score: 5
Post Options Post Options   Quote Cherry Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 2:07am
No DRM? Really? I'd expect they'd give you the RMW Store version which has a *different* DRM, but DRM nevertheless.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
Administrator
Administrator

Post Options Post Options   Quote thephantom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 2:08am
Thanks for clarifying!  You are right, it will be the RMW version. I will modify my post.

Edited by thephantom - 4/28/2015 at 2:09am
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
RpgLegend:
LagunaX1 View Drop Down
Administrator
Administrator

Score: 2709
Post Options Post Options   Quote LagunaX1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 2:17am
I dunno, if I get it I kind of want it on steam just for ease of updates and such lol We'll see though, because I don't have it yet.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)

greenraven View Drop Down
Expert
Expert
Breaker of Servers

Score: 1241
Post Options Post Options   Quote greenraven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 10:48am
Steam has it's pros and cons like instant updates and ease of distribution.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
DerVVulfman View Drop Down
Novice
Novice

Score: 46
Post Options Post Options   Quote DerVVulfman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 4/28/2015 at 10:21pm
Steam hates me.  :P  So I'll go the Degica route.
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
Up is down, left is right and sideways is straight ahead.
- "Circle of Iron", 1978
Vesril View Drop Down
Apprentice
Apprentice

Score: 210
Post Options Post Options   Quote Vesril Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 5/02/2015 at 12:14pm
If there is a non-steam version that comes out through the site, definitely let me know, as I would probably buy it.  I have recently realized that, to my dismay, Steam does not let me download RPGMaker programs onto a macintosh computer...which is currently awful for me, because I have found out of a way to get some Windows programs to work on a Macintosh computer - a current necessity if I want to work on my games at all, since my Windows XP computer's motherboard died over a week ago, and I'm not likely not going to get to buy a new Windows computer soon. Disapprove

Anyway, though, that does give me a reason to be happy if a non-steam version comes out through the site here.  Let us know if that happens! Smile
   Likes  (0) Likes (0)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
  Share Topic